Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Military

I don't want to seem ignorant saying/asking this, but I really want to know why...

Why do people in the military (especially marines) rush themselves into marriages and children? There are girls younger than me talking about marriage and posting their pregnant bellies and wedding pictures all over myspace with men they've only been with 6 months to a year, and are being sent out this summer. It almost makes me sad because these poor young girls honestly don't know what they're getting themselves into despite how much they think they do. You're going to be a single parent for the first half of your baby's life while your husband is fighting for our country, and it will be hard. You'll stay up nights hoping your husband just comes home.

I don't know, I just can't see this being the life I'd like to live. I wouldn't settle down until I knew my husband would be with me. Sure, I'd be proud to be with someone fighting for my freedom or whatever, but I almost feel like they're just trying to rush things as fast as they can incase they die, which is an awful way to look at things, though it is the awful reality.

I think I just answered my own question.

1 comment:

Monica said...

I think you did end up answering your own question in a way. I've wondered the same thing too, and the only answer I've come to is that they want to keep a piece of their "love" with them while they are away. Maybe it's a way of coping.

Hmm.. I miss you!